Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Write The Book of Your Life

For years I have encouraged students to write their own Bible... the book of the code that they choose to live by. This can take many forms. One of my students writes on the walls of his little cottage, covering them with affirmations and intentions. Another fellow I saw had a three ring binder in which he put inspiring handouts, excercises, and stories. Myself, I found one of my favorite methods to be a little rice paper journal that fits into my pocket; in which I write an ongoing affirmation including more lines as I work on new things:

I am empowered;
I make conscious choices in every moment;
I channel Unconditional Love;
Money flows like Reiki to me and through me;
I grow younger, stronger, healthier every day;
I speak my mind; (added when I felt like I was not speaking up in relationships)
....


For years, I have thought how good it would be to write my own Bible, within it writing all the most powerful, empowering stories of my life... they stories that make me feel good. Stories like the time I was short on rent money, and I took a walk, ended up meeting a Reiki student who paid me then and there for a training the next week. Stories like the time I bought a bike and immediately rode it forty miles to a gathering; as I rode I thought "I wish I had a pair of sandals", and a couple miles later found a new sports sandal just my size in the middle of the road... I found the matching sandal in the knee high grass along the side of the road. Stories like the time I got tired of detoxing my intestines with diarrhea three months after my Reiki III attunement... I put my hands on my belly, it got warm inside, and I was fine. Stories like the time I prayed to see a supportive Universe, where things like water weren't out to hurt us, and a couple years later found myself drinking water from the Ganges at Varanasi with no ill effect. Stories like the time I wanted a laptop, decided I didn't want to deplete my savings, and that I wanted someone to give me a laptop... and the next day a client offered to buy me a laptop.

For several weeks now, I have been thinking how I need to really parse through my intentions and stories of life and get them organized and be more intentional. Last week I met with a friend and the subject came up about creating such books of intentions and bibles for ourselves. Yesterday I was at a healing circle and set some intentions to wake up today and start living the life I would like to live. Today, I found myself reading through old journals and seeing how intentional I was. And then I came upon the first time I mentioned creating my own Bible... and turns out it was this same friend about six years ago! Interesting how life spirals round and round.

tomorrow I am going to get
up and
find my life exactly how I intend
it
the room will be perfect
i'm going to have a book
THE BOOK OF DHAMIBOO

j: yay

d: and that book will be the only
truth
my truth
my story
the story I put to my life

No comments: