Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lama Mission in the Mission

I walked briskly on my mission, towards yoga class. I wondered if I was really eating enough...maybe that's why the negative emotions seem to suffocate me. The large quartz crystal, charged with the Bethlehem Grid, lay heavy on my thigh in my pocket. I rounded the corner to see Giselle in the crosswalk. I hadn't seen her in years, and probably hadn't talked to her in a decade. I'd met Giselle when we both volunteered at a food pantry where we portioned out grocery's into packets for the needy. Giselle had introduced me to Louise Hay, saying the text wasn't worth much, but the tables of disease and their metaphysical causes was something. I thought Louise Hay's whole book, You Can Heal Your Life, was something amazing indeed and it formed a major inspiration in my own transformations. I was trying to heal my knees at the time, and that path led me into becoming a healer.

Giselle dodged the car in the crosswalk, and came towards me carrying a heavy stack of books. She said, “Hey where have you been, I haven't seen you for a long time?”. At least that's what I thought she said. I replied, “I've been out of town... I've been nomadic for five years.” She came closer and said, “Hey, are you a Lama? Can you see colors in my aura?”. I smiled, “No, I'm not much of a seer like that.” She seemed disappointed, but quipped, “Can you do things? Do you have techniques?”. Frankly, now, I was quite surprised and at a loss for words. And I was kind of thinking maybe she was just a crazy street person or something. Giselle had seemed a bit on that edge, though I wasn't even sure if this was Giselle. Before I could tell her I had a few tricks up my sleeve, she said, “Hey, do you want me to teach you some things?” “Nah,” I said, “I'm going to yoga.” And she backed into a post then stumbled into a falafel shop with her load of heavy books in her hands. I quickened my pace on auto pilot towards yoga class, not wanting to be late.

I chuckled at the magic of the moment. I thought of the crystal in my pocket and the mythic times I'd had with other such crystals. I wondered if that was really Giselle, or just someone that looked similar. She was heavier than I remembered Giselle. I prayed for her. Prayed that I could channel the Lama for her via distance. I felt a charge of energy course through me... not sure whether it was her magic triggering me... or the fact that I was sending energy back towards her... trying to channel the Lama for her. I thought of my vision of myself of a dusty traveler, shaman, who's presence catalyzed journey's into the mystic. It's one of those visions that is like a dream I glimpse from time to time. Not really anything I've intended, but just this faint image that skirts through my consciousness just often enough to think there's some substance to it... that maybe that's who I'm to someday be. Not that I have any real idea how to be it, nor even if it's really what I want to be it. But I wonder if its my destiny creeping up on me.

I felt better than I had all day. During Yoga it came to me, that I had to not let myself be stuck in my emotions. Pray, intend, do Reiki, keep at it. Don't give into the the reality of destitution. Spend the last dollar and intend, trust, pray, that more will come. Get to that point where I can laugh when I'm out of money... take the fear away.. the charge... then the reality can shift. If you can't laugh at it, your likely still to attached for things to shift.

If the gift of these few words bring you a few moments of joy or insight, please share in the gift of giving by making a donation.

No comments: